Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How Am I Different? Reinventing Oneself

Why on earth would anyone listen to me?  What makes me an authority?  What makes me different?

These are the hard questions one must contend with when creating your own "brand".  More questions than answers, because there are no easy answers.  I'm very good at what I do, but so are a million other guys (and gals).  The hard part is finding that one little thing about what you do that makes you unique--and run with it.  If you don't have a "thing" then you gotta invent one.  Yeah, right.

"Reinvent yourself."  I'm familiar with the phrase.  Artists like The Rolling Stones and Cher have done it.  A lot.  Madonna comes to mind.  Johnny Cupcakes just told me so--in class.  No, really. 

But what about a guy like me, what do I reinvent myself as?  I'm not sure what I was in the first place.  Don't you need to know where you were to know where you are going?  This is going to take more than a blog post and some chin rubbing to figure out.  Gimme some time and I'll share some new ideas.  Promise.

I'm going to start by sprucing up the ol' blog a bit.  Maybe a new background or a module or something. 

Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. I can really appreciate your comical writing. Really makes 26 characters that make up our most tough words, worthwhile! Reinventing yourself is as challenging as convincing people the glass is half full, rather than half empty. It's a challenge but theoretically speaking, mental enhancing, isn't impossible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone is different but somehow we are the same. Our difference is how we handle ourself in similar situation.

    ReplyDelete